Super Mario RPG Game Script (1 of 3)

Game Script
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

I - Kidnapping of the Princess

(Princess Toadstool is picking flowers in the garden when suddenly the skies turn dark and Bowser kidnaps her.)

Toadstool: HELP!

(Mario rushes after them to rescue the princess. He arrives at Bowser’s Keep and made his way inside battling Terrapins. Finally, he caught up with Bowser, but was surprised to see Princess Toadstool hanging above on one of the chandeliers supported only by a Kinklink. He use his super jump to reach the other chandelier and the inevitable battle begins.)

Toadstool: Don't let Bowser bruise you, Mario!

Bowser: Mario! Prepare yourself for the great beyond!

Toadstool: Mario! The chain! Aim for the chain!

(After constantly being hit, the Kinklink can’t hold much any longer and about to let go the chandelier.)

Bowser: What was that sound?

N...n...NO!!!

It's a chain reaction!! Hang on, Kinklink!!

(Kinklink finally gives up the chandelier that Bowser is standing on.)

Bowser: Eyaaaaa!!

Coming, Mario?


(Although, he is falling down fast, Bowser is able to throw a Hammer to the Kinklink which supported Mario‘s chandelier.)

Toadstool: Fight, Mario! FIGHT!!!

(Good thing the chandelier is still stable.)

Bowser: This should FINISH you!

(Bowser throws another hammer to the chandelier that destabilizes the Kinklink. The chandelier falls down and Mario with it, who later catches up on the same height with Bowser.)

Bowser: Mwa ha! Did you think I was just gonna GIVE her to ya?

You're ALWAYS in my way! This is IT! I'm gonna take you out, Mario!

(Bowser attacks Mario, but he just evaded it by jumping above Bowser’s head.)

Bowser: Fungah! Foiled again!

(Mario found an opportunity and jumps back high to rescue the Princess, while Bowser is falling way down.)

Toadstool: Oh, Mario! You had me so worried. Let's get out of here!

(Suddenly, Bowser’s Keep trembles from some unknown reason.)

Toadstool: Shriek!! Mario!! I'm going to fall!

(Outside Bowser’s Keep a star falls down and a humungous sword from above crashes down in the keep. The star breaks in pieces, seven in all, scatter all over the land.)


II - The Obstacle

(Mario was tossed above when the tremble took place. He is flying above the sky from Bowser’s Keep and falls down in his Pipe House. Outside, Toad was surprised to see him falling. He rushes inside the house where he finds Mario hanging in one of his jumper clothes hanged on the wall.)

Toad: Hey Mario! Lots of people use something called a "door" to go in and out of their houses... Anyway, I came by to pick up Toadstool, since she's a bit late.

(Mario jumps out of the clothe and exit the house.)

Toad: Hey I thought the princess was here with you, Mario! So where is she?

Mario, what's with the silent treatment?! You're not telling me something.

It's Bowser again, isn't it? Oh no, here we go again! Mario, would you please bring her back, like you always do?

(Mario goes to Bowser's Keep, but the colossal sword, Exor prevents him to get through.)

Exor: Halt! Who goes there? A trespasser!

This castle now belongs to us, the "Smithy Gang". It's our first step towards taking over this world! And if it weren't for nosey characters like YOU... We'd practically own this world! So let's see you deal with this!

(Exor shakes the ground which destroyed the bridge that connects the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser’s Keep. With no other possible way to pass through, Mario returns to his Pipe House.)

Toad: You're back so soon! Did you forget something?

No? What happened then?

(Mario demonstrates to him all the things that just happened.)

Toad: The bridge to Bowser's Keep is out now? Just wonderful...

We must inform the Chancellor of Mushroom Kingdom at once! Let's go, Mario.


III - Toad’s Advices

(Just when Mario is about to follow Toad, the latter returns and bump on the former. Mario receives 1 HP damage from the small mishap.)

Toad: Oops, excuse me!

..Oh?

That bump on your head reduced your "HP" level. One of Mushroom Kingdom's famous items ought to perk you right up!

(Toad handed Mario a Mushroom. A Goomba suddenly appears, which reminds Toad of his important task.)

Toad: Ack, I remember! I came to warn you that Mushroom Way is swarming with monsters! I just barely made it back here in one piece! Mario, please do
something.

(Goomba leaves.)

Toad: He's got more bark than bite, huh?

Uh, now why did I rush back? I had... something to tell you.

That's right! We need to tell the Chancellor about Toadstool! I'll see you over at Mushroom Kingdom. Just in case, take these with you.

(Toad handed Mario 3 Mushrooms.)

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

IV - Showdown with Hammer Brother

(In Mushroom Way, Toad moves ahead of Mario on their way to Mushroom Kingdom. Later, Mario catches up with him near the exit.)

Toad: Phew, my life was flashing before my eyes for a second there. Here's a little something in return.

(Toad handed Mario a Honey Syrup. In the second area, Toad still moves ahead while Mario catches him near the exit.)

Toad: Boy that was a close call. Here's a token of my appreciation.

(Toad handed Mario a Flower Tab and moves ahead of him in the next area. However, when Mario is getting close to the exit, he was surprised to see Toad being held hostage of the Hammer Brother.)

Hammer Brother: HEY! Are YOU lookin' at me? My hammer and I don't like you!

Toad: Mario! You better be careful. He's definitely got a mean streak!

Hammer Brother: Now ya got my hammer angry! Ya shouldn't have done that!

(A battle takes place. After some smashing, jumping and bruising Mario finally wins the duel.)

Toad: Thanks, Mario! I was running so fast I wasn't watching where I was going!

Mushroom Kingdom's just ahead. We're almost there, Mario.

Hey! Where did this hammer come from?

Hmm.... Hey, do you know what THIS is?! It has the Hammer Bro's insignia on it. No one stands a chance against you when you whomp them with this.

(Mario picks up the Hammer.)

Toad: Let's get a move on! I'll see you in Mushroom Kingdom.


V - Preparation to a Journey

(Mario arrives in Mushroom Kingdom. He proceeds to the castle and meets Toad along the hallway.)

Toad: Mario, there you are! I'll tell the chancellor you're here. I'll wait for you down the hallway.

(Mario proceeds to the throne room where the Chancellor and some others are.)

Toad: Sir, Mario has arrived!

Chancellor: Mario! Thank goodness you're here!

We heard an explosion or something at Bowser's Keep. It was so loud I almost dropped my spores!!!

Uh...excuse me? W...where's the Princess? She departed for your house HOURS ago...! I fear the worst! Could Bowser somehow be behind all of this?

(Mario demonstrates to them what happened but was interrupted in the middle of his talk.)

Chancellor: Spores alive!!! You're telling us that Bowser has abducted the Princess AGAIN?

Nevermind. It will be up to you to enter the keep and rescue Princess Toadstool!

(Mario continues the whole story.)

Chancellor: Egad! The keep is unassailable?! What awful power is at work here?!

Mario...her life is in your hands. Please, save our dear Princess!

(When Mario is about to leave, the Chancellor suddenly calls his attention.)

Chancellor: Mario! I almost forgot!

This may not help you, but... Why don't you take it along!

(The Chancellor handed Mario a map. Mario leaves, but suddenly stumbles and trips when the Chancellor call his attention once again.)

Chancellor: Mario! Forgive me. But I can't stop worrying about the Princess...

Go to the cellar and prepare for your journey. The Vault Guard shall assist you.

(Mario makes his way to the castle’s cellar.)

Vault Guard: Mario! The Chancellor has filled me in! Come. Let me show you around.

(Mario and the guard enter the inner room below where the treasures are kept.)

Vault Guard: Help yourself to the treasures!

(Mario takes the treasures inside the cellar and heads outside the castle. )


VI - Chasing a Thief

(Outside the Mushroom Kingdom’s castle, Mario witnesses a thief being chased by someone.)

Mallow: Come back here!!

(The thief escaped his pursuer easily.)

Mallow: Oh, no! That REPTILE stole my Grandpa's coin!

B...boo hoo...sniffle... I can't cry. Big boys don't cry. But it's just not fair...! What am I gonna do? Waaaaaah!!!

(Just as Mallow starts to cry the rain falls down. Mario draws closer to comfort him.)

Mallow: Y, yes? ...Gee, you're soaking wet, aren't you?

(Mallow stops crying and the rain surprisingly stops too.)

Mallow: I'm all right now. Sorry... There's nothing like a good cry! But, why was I crying? There was SOME reason...

My Grandpa asked me to buy some things for him here. When I walked into town, that croc stopped me!

Oh yeah! He took it from me! He stole my coin! I chased him, but he's way too fast...

Girl: Mario! Let's see how you're going to take care of Bowser!

(Mario shows them how high he jumps.)

Girl: Wow! He doesn't stand a chance!

Mallow: Wow! You're THE Mario! I know all about you! You've got more JUMP in you than a box of frogs!

I'm Mallow from Tadpole Pond. I'm a frog, but can you believe it? I can't jump. Embarassing huh?

How about it, Mario! Will you help me catch that filthy thief?

Mario: Sure thing.

(Mallow joins up with Mario in search for the thief. They give chase to the thief but a guard interrupted them near the exit.)

Guard: Mario! I have something to report, sir.

I saw him! He's here somewhere! He just zoomed past me a second ago. Did you see him?

Mallow: Did he look something ...like...this?

Guard: Why, yes! Exactly!

Mallow: He's the one who took my coin! Why didn't you stop him?

Guard: Because I forgot my bazooka at home! Sheesh... Give me a break, here.

(Suddenly, somebody screams not far away from them. Croco shows himself to the Mario and Mallow.)

Croco: Har, har! Youse mugs'll NEVER catch me! A snail could outrun YOU morons! Later!

Mallow : That's HIMMMMM! Hurry, Mario, let's get him!

(The two gives chase to Croco in Bandit’s Way.)

Mallow: There he is! He probably stashed it in that bag. Let's nab him!

Croco: Are you trying to tail me? Go on home to mommy before you get hurt, kid!

You couldn't jump to save your life, kid, so I guess this is goodbye!

Oh! You're a persistent bugger! But I'm a 100 miles ahead of ya!

Give it UP already! That treasure box is tempting, but now is not the time.

Dead end! And they won't give up...! I'll just have to hide!

Mallow: He's gone into hiding. Let's see if we can sneak up behind and catch him.


VI.A - Failed to Catch Him

Croco: What's this? You fools couldn't chase down a pumpkin!


VI.B - Successful (A)

(If Mario catches him for the first time.)

Croco: Ha! Your eyes are much faster than your feet!
At this rate it'll take ya......
100 more years to catch me!


VI.C - Successful (B)

(If Mario catches him for the second time.)

Croco: Ha! Your eyes are much faster than your feet!
At this rate it'll take ya......
50 more years to catch me!


VI.D - Successful (C)

(If Mario catches him for the third time.)

Croco: You AGAIN? This is getting old! It'll STILL take you........

(Finally, Croco is completely cornered. Mallow confronts him.)

Croco: Enough! Ya got me fair and square. I'll give you back your coin!

Whoa! Did ya really believe me? I was...... LYING!!!

(An evitable battle begins. After some smashing, throwing of punches and bruising of heads, Mario and Mallow defeated the thief.)

Mallow: Gimme back my coin or I'll belt ya again!

(Mallow throws his last punch on Croco and retakes what was stolen from him.)

Croco: Oooouch!!! I'm gonna pay ya back in spades, kid!

Go on! Take back your grubby old coin! Adios amigos!

Mallow: All right! We got it back!

(Croco leaves them hastily.)

Mallow: Yeah, we did it! We got Grandpa's coin back.

I can finish my errand now.

Hey, look at this! That Croco guy left a wallet!

(Mario and Mallow found a wallet.)

Mallow: I'm going back to the shop at Mushroom Kingdom. Are you coming?

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

VII - Foreign Menaces

(Mario and Mallow arrives in Mushroom Kingdom but to their surprise the whole place is overrun by a bunch of Shysters. The two saved the townspeople but they never found the Chancellor. Finally, they enter the throne room in search for him.)

Shyster A: Where do ya think everyone went?

Shyster D: Well, gang, looks like we have ourselves a new home!

Shyster F: We can bounce around all day long! And there's no one here who can stand in our way!

Shyster E: Yahoo! Let's bounce the night away!

(Mario approaches the Shysters.)

Shyster E: NOT SO FAST, PAL!

Shyster F: Look at him! Can't even bounce! Hey, maybe we could bounce ON HIS HEAD!!!!

(Shysters E and F jumps on Mario’s head. It seems that the Chancellor found a place to hide on the farthest left corner of the throne room. After all the commotions, their boss shows up and with him is a blue Star that hovers behind.)

Mack: Listen up, gang!

These guys are gonna put a stop to OUR party! Are we happy about this?!

Shyster A: You're asking for IT!

Shyster C: Ooh, you're gonna get it!

Shyster D: You picked the WRONG people not to bounce with, bub!

Shyster B: How 'bout a fat lip to go with that ugly mustache?!

(Mario and Mallow fights their unwelcome guests. Although greatly outnumbered, the two overcame all their foes. The Star hovers around Mario and lands on his hands.)

Shyster E: This is not good!

Shyster F: This is not good!

Shyster E: The mustachioed one is strong!

Shyster F: Strong, YES!

Shyster E: We MUST warn the boss!

Shyster F: Come on!!

(The two remaining Shyters leave in haste. Mario approaches the Chancellor who has been hiding in the corner the whole time.)

Chancellor: Gracious! OH! It's YOU, Mario. What a relief!

Once again, Mario to the rescue!

But who WERE those...

Toad: Chancellor!

(Toad and the others rush inside the throne room.)

Toad: Sir! Thank goodness you're all right!

Mario! So it was YOU who got us through all of this! We owe much to you...!

(Mario and the others discuss the whole incident.)

Chancellor: First the Princess and now THIS! It's just too much to bear.

Mallow: Mario! How about we ask my Grandpa for help?... He knows... EVERYTHING!

Chancellor: Excuse me, but... who are YOU?

Mallow: Oh, hello! My name is Mallow. I'm from Tadpole Pond...

Chancellor: Well, any friend of Mario's is welcome here in Mushroom Kingdom.

As I was saying, Mario, you are our only hope! Mario! Please! You MUST rescue the Princess, NOW!

Mallow: Mario! I'm in your debt, too. Let's head over to Grandpa's place in Tadpole Pond. He can help!

Wait...

Why did I even come to Mushroom Kingdom in the first place? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Narration: Could Mack, the sword-like monster who crashed into Mushroom Kingdom, have anything to do with the Star Piece that Mario found...?
Our heroes move on towards the Kero Sewers...


VIII - Grandpa’s Errand

(Mallow, together with Mario, heads to the town’s item shop before leaving the Mushroom Kingdom.)

Manager: Hey, Mallow! What kept you? I was starting to worry.

Mallow: Hey, mister! I got my coin back!

Manager: Oh! Well DONE, lad! Okay, here's the thing I promised you...

There! Make sure it doesn't get eaten, or... whatever! Your Grandpa needs it, okay?

(The shopkeeper handed Mallow the Cricket Pie.)

Mallow: You bet! Mario, thank you so much! Grandpa will be delighted!


IX - Belome’s Lair

(Mario and Mallow are now heading to Tadpole Pond by passing through the Kero Sewers.)

Mallow: This is the entrance. Grandpa says to watch out for "Belome," whoever that is!

It's probably a little dark down there, so keep alert!

(The two overcome all the obstacles on their way and finally arrived at the deepest level of the sewer. However, a huge yellow creature blocks their way to the exit.)

Mallow: T...this must be... ... BELOME!

Is that a fire hose or his tongue?!

Belome: Moh, ho, ho...! Ack! It's a snack attack! And YOU'RE it!

(Belome attacks and a fight begins. Belome is tough but the two manages to defeat him somehow.)

Mallow: That was SCARY!

Belome: If you defeat me, you STILL won't beat me! Beware the flood!

(With Belome out of the way, the green switch which he was standing on was released. The huge door to the exit opens.)

Mallow: Belome must have been lying when he said water would come gushing out of here...

(Suddenly, a gust of water is heard.)

Mallow: Er, Mario...do you hear something? ...Or is it just me?

WATER!!

Here it comes!!!

Quick, Mario! Hit the button before we're washed away!!

(The water washes them down to Midas River.)

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

X - Tadpole Pond’s Old Sage

(Mario and Mallow managed to pass through the rapids of Midas River and finally arrive at Tadpole Pond. While on their way to Frogfucius’ place a tadpole approaches them.)

Tadpole: Hi! Can I help you?

Mallow, it's you!

We've heard all about your adventures with Super Mario. You guys beat up Belome, right?

Mallow: You know about that?

See Mario, the waterways of the world bring news to us here. That's why Grandpa knows all the news that's fit to hear!

Tadpole: Are you really THE Super Mario?

Hey everybody! You'll never guess who's here!

(More tadpoles emerge from the water.)

Tadpole A: He's the real thing! But he doesn't look anything like I thought he would...

Tadpole B: They DO say he can jump better than a froggie. I wonder if it's only a rumor?

(Mario jumps and they all watch in awe.)

Frogfucius: Well, grasshopper... What's new?

(All the tadpoles dive back in water upon hearing Frogfucius voice.)

Mallow: Grandpa! Mario's been helping me!

Frogfucius: I know, child.

That rainstorm we just had... that was YOU wasn't it?

Mallow: (Ouch!)

Frogfucius: (Watch it, up there!)

(You're SUPPOSED to make me look like I'm FLOATING here, okay?!)

(Frogfucius is floating while a Lakitu supported him with its fishing rod.)

Frogfucius: Welcome!

So you are Mario, yes? I am Frogfucius. You have come to seek wisdom from me, have you not? I've been waiting for you! Yes, "Old Wise People" can often give good advice... But how rude of me! Let's get more comfortable. Come along and
we'll talk.

(Clear! Full reverse!)

Tadpoles! Don't just FLOAT there! Make yourselves useful! Form a bridge for Mario.

(All the tadpoles resurfaced in the water and form a bridge. Frogfucius goes back to his place while Mario follows him by treading the tadpole bridge.)

Frogfucius: Yes, come into my sanctuary and partake of my wisdom, children.

Let's see...

That Smithy character that appeared at Bowser's Keep... He is quite formidable, yes?

And, Mario, you wish to rescue the princess quickly, do you not?

But, oh! If only you knew the truth! Toadstool is no longer there!

(Mario draws closer to him.)

Frogfucius: Patience, young one. Let me explain. Here is what happened...

You were rescuing Toadstool from Bowser's Keep. After defeating him, and JUST when you were about to free the princess... You heard a loud "crash", and saw a huge sword split the sky! Whoosh, out of the blue! The shock sent the three of you flying. Bowser and Toadstool are still lost, somewhere out there.

Now... You're worried about the princess, but first you need to take care of Smithy. His underlings are wreaking havoc in our world!

"Mack", whom you defeated at Mushroom Kingdom, was one of them. More will be coming.

Mallow: Grandpa, I almost forgot to tell ya something! We found a star in the castle of Mushroom Kingdom. Do you know why it was there?

Frogfucius: A star, eh... ...most interesting.

This may sound illogical, but I believe shooting stars can grant wishes...

And now more than ever, I believe they will play a vital role in the fight against Smithy.

Was that too much to absorb? Would you like a recap?


X.A - Sure

Mario: Sure.

Frogfucius: Okay, here's the gist of it! Smithy invaded our world and took over
Bowser's Keep. Toadstool and Bowser were thrown by the impact, and now Smithy and his cohorts are now on a rampage. The shooting stars are somehow connected to this disturbance and they're the key to defeating Smithy.


X.B - Nope

Mario: Nope.

Frogfucius: It's quite a situation we have on our hands, isn't it?

Mallow: Wow, everything sounds so dire and serious.

I guess Mack was only the first of many, Mario. Some of them'll make Bowser seem NICE.

Frogfucius: Mallow, you speak as if these things do not concern you.

You will accompany Mario in his adventure, too.

Mallow: Grandpa! What are you talking about?

I'm only a simple tadpole. This adventure isn't for me!

Frogfucius: Mallow, my boy, I've kept this from you until now, but you're...

Not a tadpole!!!

All Tadpoles: Say WHAT???

(As Frogfucius confessed his long held secret, all the tadpoles in the pond show up and were greatly surprised with what they’ve just heard.)

Frogfucius: I was sitting here one rainy day, enjoying a snack of crickets...

When I happened to see a basket floating down from the falls.

I peeked inside, and saw a little baby staring right back at me! The name "Mallow" was written on his belt. I felt sorry for the little bundle of puff and took him in to raise as my own grandchild. He had powerful magic, and I knew he was more than a piece of fluff. I thought, "Surely, this child must be from some
far off land."

Mallow: Grandpa... You mean, I'm not...a tadpole?

Sniffle... sniffle... sniffle...

(Frogfucius stomps the place to send those eavesdroppers back in the water below.)

Frogfucius: Mallow!

Now is not the time to cry! Go with Mario on his adventure and find your real family. Your real mother and father are out there, somewhere.

(Psst, Mario)

The boy's magic is sure to come in handy on your adventure. You'll take him along, yes?

(Mario nods on him.)

Mallow: Grandpa!

I won't cry anymore. I'll go on this adventure with Mario and find my real family!

Frogfucius: Then it is settled. You must embark on your adventure immediately.

First, go to "Rose Town" where they need your help.


X.C - A Snack to Cheer Me Up

Frogfucius: (Sniff) It will be quiet around here with Mallow gone.
Maybe a snack will cheer me up.

That's right! I had forgotten all about it. I will give you something for the Cricket Pie you brought back.

....Ah, I know! You shall have the staff I used when I was Mallow's age.

The "Froggie Stick" will come in handy. Do not forget to equip it.

Go to "Rose Town" now, Mallow. Luck be with you!


Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments